How to Monitor Email Activity Feed in Real-Time?
If you want to improve the performance of your email marketing, there’s one thing you should be paying attention to more than anything else:
Your email activity feed.
In short, in order to improve your email campaigns, you first need to know how your readers are engaging with your current emails.
That’s why in this article, you’re going to discover exactly how to start monitoring your emails in real-time starting today.
What Is Email Monitoring?
Email monitoring is the act of using software to monitor how your readers are engaging with your emails, for example whether they’re opening your emails, clicking on your links, and at what times.
By using a real-time email activity feed service, you can access this data the second your readers engage with your emails.
The way this software works is simple and involves the use of tracking pixels embedded in the body of your emails (don’t worry, your readers can’t see them). These tracking pixels are able to “observe” what’s happening within the email, and this data gets sent directly to your dashboard for easy analysis.
What Are the Benefits of Real-Time Email Monitoring?
There are a plethora of benefits that come from monitoring your email activity feed.
Here are the main ones:
1. Know Exactly When Your Emails Are Opened
How many times have you sent an email… waited… and ended wondering whether the receiver ever even opened the email in the first place?
We’ve all been there. Fortunately, when you use an email activity feed service, you’ll not only know if your emails are being opened, but when.
This information is extra valuable when it comes to sending follow-up emails. (For example, there’s no point sending a follow-up to someone who hasn’t even opened the first email.)
This means you’ll be saving your team time and potentially increase the number of leads your business is able to capture.
2. Get Better Insights for Your Marketing Campaigns
According to a recent study, business owners spend up to 5 hours creating their email campaigns.
That’s a lot of effort… but theres a big problem: Most email marketers don’t know what kind of campaigns get the best response from their readers because they don’t have enough data for how their readers are engaging with their emails.
The good news is, you use an email activity feed service, you’ll know exactly what kind of emails your readers open the most, and which ones attract the most clicks.
Insights like this can help you improve the performance of your future email marketing campaigns and therefore increase your ROI.
3. Get Rid of Your Inactive Readers
Knowing which of your readers aren’t engaging with your emails is important. This knowledge gives you the perfect opportunity to try and re engage these readers, or simply clear them off your list.
Now, the reason you’d want to re engage inactive readers is obvious—increased ROI.
But there’s also a very clear reason why you may want to “prune” these readers from your list as well.
What is this reason? In short, email providers like Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft can see that your emails aren’t being opened, and as a result, mark them as spam (which can harm your email deliverability rate and doom your future emails to your customers’ spam folder).
Therefore, using an email activity feed service to find these inactive users and remove them from your list can increase your deliverability rate and the overall performance of your email campaigns.
Who Needs to Monitor Their Email Activity Feed?
Anyone business or person can benefit by monitoring their email activity feed, and this is especially true for:
- Email marketers and eCommerce store owners. The data email marketers can gain by tracking the activity of their email campaigns can help them improve their ROI and make more money from future campaigns. This data can also help eCommerce store owners improve customer experience by optimising their emails to be more relevant.
- Organizations in industries with strict regulatory requirements. Large organizations that are required to delete their emails after a certain amount of time can benefit from an email activity feed service by tracking deletions.
- Jobseekers and freelancers. Anyone sending lots of emails to hiring managers or clients can use an email activity feed service to detect whether their emails have been opened and whether to follow up.
How to Begin Using a Real-Time Email Activity Feed Service Today
To begin monitoring your email activity feed in real-time, you’ll first need to choose one that fits your needs and budget.
There are a few available online, but if you want to test-drive a high-quality email activity feed service for free, then we highly recommend that you try out our email activity service.
Once you’ve registered, this service will provide you with:
- Insightful reports that reveal how your leads have been interacting with your emails during the last 30, 60, and 90 days.
- Up to the minute data and time stamps.
- The ability to individually track your customers’ engagement flow to help monetize your campaigns and boost your ROI.
Tracking the activity of sent emails is a must for any business.
Doing so gives you the ability to:
- Know exactly when their emails are opened so you know when and when not to send follow-up emails.
- Get better insights for your email campaigns which can improve the performance of your future campaigns.
- Clear out the inactive readers on your list so your email address doesn’t get marked as spam.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re an email marketer, part of a large organization, or a jobseeker or freelancer—monitoring your email activity feed can provide you with some huge benefits.
Want to take a free test-drive of an email activity feed service right now? Then all you have to do is click here to try out our EmailOversight activity service which tracks the activity of your emails in real-time and provides you with insightful reports that can transform your email marketing.